Taylor Boy: Champ Is Here
1. Rivera: For those who may not be familiar with you, let the people know your name & where you’re from.Taylor Boy: Taylor Boy, I’m from Columbia South Carolina. South Crack!
2. Rivera: How long have you been writing? And when did you make the transition into making music? Taylor Boy: I’ve been writing since 03. It started as writing raps in class to battle with niggas at lunch time in front of everybody. Being dominant out there gave me the confidence it took to be able to control the listeners. I was looking for a new challenge, so I started trying to write whole songs. I didn’t actually record a track until 08
3. Rivera: For those who haven’t heard your music, how would you describe your style/sound to give them an idea of what they can expect? Taylor Boy: They can expect some fly player shit. I think my music makes niggas wanna be around gorgeous women, exotic marijuana, and top shelf liquor. Got plenty of shit to just ride to, some shit to motivate you, and some shit that inspires you to holla at shawty with the pretty face, flat stomach, good hair, and the phat ass. We got some street shit too, I wouldn’t say it’s your average southern sound
4. Rivera: If you could do a track with ANY producer & have ANY rapper/singer featured, who would it be? And why? Taylor Boy: I wanna work with Adele, her voice is incredible. It’s been a minute since I’ve heard a voice so soulful. I’d love to see what we could cook up.
5. Rivera: What advice would you give to the craftless beings still roaming the earth wearing afros or braids? Taylor Boy: I’d just tell em to fall back and be a spectator and a fan of niggas who really doing something. Pay closer attention, learn a lil something and try to master whatever you’re devoting your time and energy to. People respect talent 1st, and the person 2nd.
6. Rivera: I interviewed Bar a while back and asked for 3 warning signs of a shorty being a “hoe”, so bless the people with 3 signs of your own! Taylor Boy: If more than 2 of her fingernails got black shit up under them, she a hoe. If her passenger side seat be positioned differently every time u get in her car, she a hoe. And if the back of her stud earrings got that build up in them, she a filthy hoe.
7. Rivera: Before we wrap, let the people know where they can find your music & what songs/projects you’re working on for them to look out for. Taylor Boy: I had a lot of music stolen from me in a break in, so I’m in the rebuilding process now. Got a dope project on the way so be on the lookout, still juggling with a name for it right now. I’m just thankful for niggas fuckin with what we do, that kinda love really inspires me to do something special every time I step in that booth. I’m very appreciative. Shout out to my partner Hybrid and my producer J Breeze, we up next.
Salute to the homie Taylor Boy ( @imtaylorboy803 ) stay tuned and keep up with the movement. Respect.